The Unattended Funeral is a non-attended at-need service. As this option doesn’t include an attended funeral service, it is perfect for those that want a simple no-fuss funeral. With a direct cremation, it gives you the freedom to have a separate memorial service at a time and place to suit you if you would like.
In order to keep the costs low, payment will be required at the time of making the arrangements. You will still receive the same level of care and attention you’d expect from Charles Stephens with your dedicated Funeral Director providing support, advice and guidance throughout.
You will be notified of the time and date of the funeral service so you can choose to stand outside the crematorium to pay your respects if you wish.
- Transfer of the deceased person from the place of death within a 10 mile radius of any of our offices during normal working hours
- Administration of paperwork
- Attending to the necessary arrangements during office hours at our premises
- Care of the deceased person for up to 20 days prior to the funeral
- Provision of a hearse direct to our local crematorium
- Provision of a coffin suitable for cremation
- Collection of ashes from the crematorium
Third party costs
- Doctors’ fees for cremation certificates £82.00
- Crematorium fee £475.00 (this fee is for Landican Crematorium)
Total cost for the Unattended Cremation package – £1,517.00.00
When required, we will bring the deceased person into our care outside of normal office hours for an additional £100.00.