The most simple funeral with no mourners, no family attending, no funeral ceremony, closed vehicle direct to the most local crematorium (within 14 days of cremation paperwork being received by Charles Stephens Funeral Directors).
The Direct Cremation package includes the following:
- Transfer of the deceased person from the place of death within a 10 mile radius of any of our offices during normal working hours
- Administration of paperwork
- Attending to the necessary arrangements during office hours at our premises
- Care of the deceased person for up to 20 days prior to the funeral
- Provision of a closed hearse (may be upgraded to a traditional hearse) direct to the nearest crematorium
- Provision of the necessary staff to transport the coffin using a wheeled bier
- Provision of a simple coffin
- Collection of ashes from the crematorium
When required, we will bring the deceased person into our care outside of normal office hours for an extra £100.00.
This package is only available if the full account including disbursements is paid at the time of arranging the funeral.
Total cost for the Direct Cremation package £775.00
plus third party costs:
Doctors’ fees for cremation certificates £82.00*
Crematorium fee £440.00
*Due to Covid-19 the law permits one doctor to complete paperwork instead of usual two doctors. Therefore the charge is currently £82.00 instead of £164.00.